Se estiver autenticado aparecerá informação adicional neste painel.
Bolsas - Concursos - Trabalho
Open Call for one (1) Research Fellowship for PhD
Under the project of the Centre for Research in Anthropology (CRIA – Centro em Rede de Investigação em Antropologia – ANT/04038) funded by FCT/MEC through national funds and when applicable co-financed by FEDER under the PT2020 Partnership Agreement, CRIA opens a call for one post-doctoral research fellowship (BPD).
Field of study
Anthropology, in the domain of Practices and Politics of Culture.
The period for submission is from October 30th to November 20th 2015. Applications submitted after this period will not be eligible.
The fellowship will be attributed under the following conditions:
Fellowship Term and Legal Status
The fellowship will last 12 months and is expected to start in December 2015. The fellowship contract may be renewed, upon positive evaluation, with a possibility for an extension until the end of CRIA the project. It is a full time research fellowship and all the conditions established by the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology will be applied (more information http://www.fct.pt).
Profile and work plan of the candidates
The call is open to candidates holding a PhD in Anthropology.
The researcher recruited will be expected to consolidate the scientific objectives of the Research Group focusing on:
a) Museums in post-colonial Portugal; representations of colonial past in museums.
b) The ethnology of heritage.
c) Heritage practices in communities in transit
d) The aestheticization of heritage and its role on cultural programs and creative industries
In assessing applications, particular emphasis will be placed upon the candidates’ research results and academic potential, as well as her/his academic and personal suitability to contribute to the aims and goals of Practices and Politics of Culture Research Group in particular, and CRIA’s in general.
The fellowship value will be based on the Portuguese Foundation for Science and Technology rules for fellowships, monthly stipend of 1495 euros for research fellowship – PhD level (tax free). More information www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/valores.
Applicable laws and regulations (activity basis)
The grant is regulated by the Law 40/2004, August 18 (Research Fellowship Holder Statute - http://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/estatutobolseiro) and Regulations for Research Fellowships of Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia in effect (www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/docs/RegulamentoBolsasFCT2015.pdf).
The researcher recruited will be expected to perform the following tasks:
• Conduct and supervise research on the proposed domain;
• Prepare applications for national and international projects and promote new research projects and scientific activities;
• Promote the quality and internationalization of scientific production;
• Elaborate critical reviews of the existing literature on heritage and museum studies in Portugal produced in the last decades, leading to scientific publications.
• Detailed Curriculum Vitae;
• Certificate of PhD degree
• Identification document
• A sample of three scholarly work ( article, conference paper, book chapter )
• Research project proposal relevant to the ‘Practices and Politics of Culture’ priorities including: Abstract (maximum 150 words); State of Art (maximum 500 words); Objectives (maximum 300 words); Detailed description (maximum 1000 words); Project Schedule (2015-2020); Bibliography (up to 20 references);
• Plan of activities to be developed in CRIA and specifically in the Research Group ‘Practices and Politics of Culture’: publications in international journals with peer reviews; applications to national and international funding agencies; organization of summer courses; organization of scientific meetings and events; participation in CRIA’s activities (maximum 1500 words)
• Two letters of recommendation from scholars, neither of whom may be the thesis’ supervisor.
Evaluation Panel: Professor Nélia Dias and Professor Sónia Almeida
Selection and attribution criteria:
Research Project : 60%
Working Program: 10%
Period of application
The Applications should be submitted (using the Fellowship Reference: BPD_04038_PPC2, from October 30th to November 20th, by e-mail to email@example.com
Form of advertising / notification of results
The final evaluation results will be announced by a list posted online and on a visible/public place at CRIA Head Office. This list will be ordered alphabetically or by the obtained grade. According with the Administrative Procedure Code, the applicants will be notified by e-mail or another.
For further information
[ Informação CRIA Divulgação ]