Se estiver autenticado aparecerá informação adicional neste painel.
Bolsas - Concursos - Trabalho
Call - Scientific Team Leader, Dept Monitoring Society & Social Change (GESIS, Mannheim)
Deadline: 19 June 2016
Scientific Team Leader (f/m) (salary group EG 15 TV-L, 100%), Department Monitoring Society and Social Change, Location Mannheim
GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active social science institute belonging to the Leibniz Association. It is funded by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the Federal States.
The Department "Monitoring Society and Social Change" collects data for long-term monitoring and conducts research on social change in modern societies. The department is currently seeking for the Data Research center (FDZ) German Microdata Lab (GML) in Mannheim a
Scientific Team Leader (f/m) (salary group EG 15 TV-L, 100%, initial contract for 4 years,
to start on September 1, 2016)
Your tasks include:
- Strategic and scientific development of service and research in the team
- Administration and supervision of the team with currently over 10 employees
- Active empirical research in social structure and social monitoring (i.e. publication in peer-reviewed international journals and participation in international conferences)
- Acquisition of third party funding respectively support of team members in acquisition of third party funding
- Experience in project and team management, also in an international environment
- Vast knowledge in sociological theories and quantitative research methods
- A PhD in the social sciences, preferably sociology
- Membership in field-relevant networks
- Experience in empirical social structure analysis
- Good communication and team management skills
- Excellent skills in the English language (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a German-speaking environment (sufficient skills in the German language or, willingness to acquire such skills within the first 3 years on the job).
Additionally, experience in one or more of the following domains are desirable:
- Analysis of international and/or German official statistics • Experience in the acquisition of third-party funding
- Publications in high-ranking Journals
We support you in developing your qualification. You will find further information on human development and career at Gesis here: www.gesis.org/das-institut/karriere/. We promote the professional equality of women and men. Therefore, qualified women are particularly invited to apply for the position. GESIS is certified by the European work & family audit. We guarantee that guidelines regarding employment laws for the disabled and handicapped as well as laws and regulations governing part-time employment will be observed.
For further information concerning job description please contact Oshrat Hochman, PhD via Phone +49(621)1246-153 or Email. In case of questions concerning the application process please contact Michaela Schwarzhaupt via Email. We only process online applications. Please apply here until June 19, 2016 https://www.hidden-professionals.de/HP/P_CV/Intro/cand_welcome.aspx?jo=118116.
[ Informação VAN METER Karl, Bulletin de Methodologie Sociologique ]