24-25 of September of 2020 | ISEG – Lisbon School of Economics and Management of Universidade de Lisboa
Are welcome papers submissions until May 31st, 2020.
This workshop seeks paper proposals focused on interdisciplinary and empirical research on ‘living with tourism’, i.e., a rethinking of tourism economic, social and cultural impacts and its paradoxes, and its wider implications in terms of power relations towards a specific space and the communities that inhabit it.
It also invites to a broader discussion on tourism future directions in line with worldwide changes of nations economic prosperity, consumption lifestyles, rising of new markets, brands and activity sectors, and cutting-edge research topics in tourism studies.
The workshop will be organized into thematic sessions accordingly with the proposals accepted for presentation. We encourage the submission of abstracts on tourism contexts and host communities research related with topics including, but not limited to, the following:
1. Social change and its paradoxes;
2. Empowerment, identity and representation;
3. Governance and public policies;
4. Direct and indirect economic impacts;
5. Innovative organizational structures;
6. Sustainability, sociocultural harmony and integration;
7. Resistance, contestation and repulsion;
8. Dynamics of local-to-global, endurance and cosmopolitanism;
9. Processes of invention of tradition and authenticity;
10. Discourses and practices of enactment, performance and agency;
11. Production and consumption of heritage;
12. Food culture and gastronomy as tourist resources;
13. Cultural festivals and corporate events;
14. New cycles, new partnerships and new opportunities.
Submit your abstracts here.